Preservation of Life – Community Protection Bill endorsement concept:
Two of the following situations are endorsed by the proposed statutory authority, Preservation of Life – Community Protection Australia as meeting the quality and community services standard:
- There is a security business that is for-profit – unendorsed.
- There is a security business that is not for profit – endorsed.
- The for-profit business allocates 10% of activities to approved services – conditional endorsement.
Advantages of POL-CPA Endorsement:
The advantages of endorsement include taxation concessions, promotional purposes, and legal protection under the “Good Samaritan Legislation” of the Preservation of Life – Community Protection Act” in specific circumstances.
Not-for-profit services: (list not conclusive)
Some of the services that will be provided by POL-CPA endorsed security firms include:
- consultation services to prevent domestic homicide;
- secure transit services to prevent domestic homicide;
- safe area patrol services for the homeless;
- call-by security patrol services for the elderly;
- call-in coded mobiles for vulnerable persons;
- social clubs (at risk terrorism targets) discrete protective services; and
- churches, mosques, and other places of worship (at risk terrorism targets) open protective services.